lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <...@digimem.net>
Subject Re: Using the UnStored Field() type
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 19:54:24 GMT
> If the field is tokenized and indexed, can I still search that field?

Yes.

> My code looks like this:
>
> theDocument = new Document();
> if ( 0 != textString.length() ) {
> textField = Field.UnStored( FIELD_TEXT, textString );
> theDocument.add( textField );
> }
>
> then I search it like this:
>
> indexReader = IndexReader.open( "C:\\temp\\index_store" );
> Term searchTermTiny = new Term( DocumentVisitor.FIELD_TEXT, "Syndeo" );
> FuzzyQuery query = new FuzzyQuery( searchTermTiny );
> IndexSearcher search = new IndexSearcher( indexReader );
> Hits foundDocs = search.search( query );
>
> I never get any results for the documents. Syndeo occures often.
> Any ideas?

You don't show us code to save the document in the index
but I assume you are doing that!  Is FIELD_TEXT the
same as DocumentVisitor.FIELD_TEXT?

A short but complete program makes it easier to spot
problems rather than making wild guesses.

--
Ian.
ian@digimem.net

Searchable personal storage and archiving from http://www.digimem.net/