lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Victor Hadianto <vict...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Problem with Field.Keyword
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 04:49:10 GMT

We are developing application that indexes email using Lucene. To index
document we use the message id field of the email as the primary key.

The message id field looks like:

<02052309340801.18525@host86.syd.nuix.com.au>
<818623B5FD23D51193200002B32C076103A15698@excsrv44.mayo.edu>
<3D044FA2@mail.totalise.co.uk>

We store this message id as Field.Keyword.

Unfortunately when we are storing the message id, searching and deleting of
documents (very important for us) doesn't work.

*If* the message id is stored as Field.Text it will work for searching but
not _deletion_.

I'm 100% the code works because as soon as I substitute the message id into
ordinary number such as 1, 2, 3 everything works as coded :D

Any suggestions?

Regards,

--
Victor Hadianto