lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marin Dimitrov" <marin.dimit...@sirma.bg>
Subject Re: indexing ANY files (jpeg, real audio, mp3.. ect.. )
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 17:34:26 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Forsyth"

> Concerning indexing different formats..
>
> I have been working at a way to search image files, for color, or
contrast,
> or warmth..
>
> I am thinking of basically of creating a 'dictionary'.. Yes I am some what
> green to this type of work, but i fugure its a start... I want to be able
> search for red, and get back results ordered by the amount of red.. or
> search for contrast.. ect..

u may get some ideas from Oracle InterMedia - check out the "Audio, Image,
and Video User's Guide" at
http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/intermedia/content.html

hth,

    Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "