lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Mawdsley" <ja...@macadamian.com>
Subject Using the UnStored Field() type
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 19:06:10 GMT
Hi-

If the field is tokenized and indexed, can I still search that field?

My code looks like this:

theDocument = new Document();
if ( 0 != textString.length() ) {
textField = Field.UnStored( FIELD_TEXT, textString );
theDocument.add( textField );
}

then I search it like this:

indexReader = IndexReader.open( "C:\\temp\\index_store" );
Term searchTermTiny = new Term( DocumentVisitor.FIELD_TEXT, "Syndeo" );
FuzzyQuery query = new FuzzyQuery( searchTermTiny );
IndexSearcher search = new IndexSearcher( indexReader );
Hits foundDocs = search.search( query );

I never get any results for the documents. Syndeo occures often.
Any ideas?

TIA

Jason

Jason Mawdsley ~ jason@macadamian.com
Software Designer ~ m_ a c a d a m i a n    t e c h n o l o g i e s

"Software experts for the world's leading technology companies."
http://www.macadamian.com

Because software development cycles should not end in tragedy.