lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Index File Names
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 11:40:22 GMT
What build system are you using?  Why can't you just blindly pick up the
entire index directory and incorporate that?  This is what I do with a
webapp build that indexes documents during the build and rolls them into the
WAR file.  All using Ant, of course!  :)

    Erik

----- Original Message -----
From: <Stephen.Gaskell@symbian.com>
To: <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <Clare.Oakley@symbian.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 6:18 AM
Subject: Lucene Index File Names

> Can anyone give me some guidance on the following issue?
>
> I'm using Lucene to provide search facilities over fixed sets of HTML
> documentation. As part of our build process, each night the HTML
> documentation is created, and afterwards the Lucene index files generated.
> This files are then automatically put into our product and are ready to
> deliver the next day. The problem is that the files that Lucene creates
> that represent the search index are named in a seemingly arbitrary way
> that changes each time the index is created. This causes problems for the
> automatic creation of our product because our build system needs to know
> the names of the files in advance.
>
> For example, on the first night these files are created:
>
> 5l3.xxx
>
> whereas on the second night, the files might have this name:
>
> 5kr.xxx
>
> Can these names be fixed, or can someone tell me the naming conventions
> involved?
>
> I've noticed that if I rename the index files the search no longer works.
> Can this be tweaked somehow?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Stephen Gaskell

> Symbian Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered
number 01796587 and registered office at 19 Harcourt Street, London, W1H
4HF, UK.
> This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may
contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on
it. If you have received this message in error please notify
postmaster@symbian.com and delete the message and any attachments
accompanying it immediately. Symbian does not accept liability for any
corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occuring to this
message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in
compliance with Symbian corporate policy.