lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harpreet S Walia" <harpr...@sansuisoftware.com>
Subject Query parser error
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 05:53:17 GMT
Hi

I am trying to search words which have characters { , [ etc in them . I am using the standard
lucene jar (V 1.2-rc4 ).
 when i search for the words having these charcters i get a exception saying

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column 8.  Encountered:
 after : "{are"
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParserTokenManager.getNextToken(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_scan_token(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_3_1(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.jj_2_1(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Clause(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.Query(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sansui.lucene.Searcher.searchDocuments(Searcher.java:79)

I presume that lucene is treating these words as special characters . Is there a way to avoid
this error and search for these kind of words . what kind of changes are required to be done
for this .

Can someone shed some light on how queryparser treats the contents .

Thanks and regards,
Harpreet