lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kelvin Tan" <kel...@relevanz.com>
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 06:47:48 GMT
I think that it would be really useful if users can post performance
benchmarks for usage of Lucene in their app. I know its been done informally
on an ad hoc basis by various people in the past, but I'd like to propose a
standardized format:

Number of source documents:
Total filesize of source documents:
Average filesize of source documents (in KB/MB):
Source documents storage location (filesystem, DB, http,etc):
File type of source documents:
Parser(s) used, if any:
Time taken (in ms/s as an average of at least 3 indexing runs):
Notes (any special tuning/strategies):

This will really help users know what performance to expect when indexing
and should  help to raise warning flags when indexing times aren't similar
to benchmarks. Any one to start? :)

Regards,
Kelvin