lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Avi Drissman <avi_driss...@baseview.com>
Subject Moving an index from one Directory to another? Solved!
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:35:54 GMT
At 6:45 PM -0500 3/7/02, I wrote:

>To improve speed for our application, I'm trying to move our index
>from the disk to a RAM directory when our database is opened, and
>move it back to the disk when the database is closed.
>
>[...]
>
>There's only one problem--it's not working.

Solved!

The moral of the story is:

When doing JNI, you _must_ use either JNI_FALSE or JNI_TRUE for
jboolean values. Java isn't C. If you use _anything else_, things
just won't work right at all.

(I wrote code like "jboolean jblah = blah" where blah was a C bool
that was part of an uninitialized struct. Eeeek.)

Avi

--
Avi Drissman
avi_drissman@baseview.com