lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Avi Drissman <>
Subject Cannot compile Lucene
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:02:12 GMT
I'm using Lucene rc4 and JavaCC 2.1. I'm trying to compile Lucene
without Ant, by tossing the files into Project Builder (Mac OS X). I
ran JavaCC on StandardTokenizer.jj with the standard options, tossed
the resulting files into the project, and now I'm running into a few

1. StandardTokenizer.jj:173 is

org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token next() throws IOException

which is JavaCC'd into as

final public org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token next() throws
ParseException, IOException

which isn't a valid override. javac says

>next() in org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardTokenizer
>cannot override next() in org.apache.lucene.analysis.TokenStream;
>overridden method does not throw

2. says

and there are no such member variables.

Am I totally missing something here?