lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert A. Decker" <dec...@robdecker.com>
Subject Re: Cannot compile Lucene
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:21:15 GMT
Unfortunately I didn't add the lucene files to source code control until
after I had gotten the project built and working, and therefore after my
edits...

Here's some of the changes I do remember though:
Get the source to the java JDK 1.2 StringBuffer and add it as
org.apache.lucene.StringBuffer. This is because I'm stuck using the 1.1.8
version of the JDK which is missing some StringBuffer methods used by
lucene.

Fix up some exceptions. For example, in
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardFilter, the next() method now
throws java.io.IOException,
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.ParseException

I believe before it just throw IOException...

I believe the problems mostly just came up in the javaCC generated files.

I think this is another one. In org.apache.lucene.queryparser.QueryParser,
the method final public Query Query(String field) now throws:
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException,
org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.ParseException

thanks,
rob

http://www.robdecker.com/
http://www.planetside.com/