lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert A. Decker" <dec...@robdecker.com>
Subject Re: how to update index
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 05:48:26 GMT
jguru tells you how to do individual documents, but not the entire index.

What about setting the flag when you create the IndexWriter to true? What
happens if the index already exists? Do you get an exception, or does it
write over the current index? You could always just delete the
directory...

Also, when deleting documents, one thing that got me is that if you ask
for the number of occurances of a document for a just-deleted document
based on a Term, you may get back a number greater than you
expected... The index doesn't seem to be aware that the document has been
deleted until you optimize the index.

thanks,
rob

http://www.robdecker.com/