lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <>
Subject RE: Index problem
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:16:08 GMT
I'm currently working on indexing 200 000 documents with
index updates every half hour on three separate webservers.

So you can see my ordeal I have to update the index ( delete and add)
on three separate machines, how many files are you indexing, the first
issue I faced was the "Too Many files open error", and are you indexing your
files from the webapp or did you write the indexer to run from the command
line ? Sorry about all the questions but there are very few people in the
dev mailers talking about the lucene cocoon issues that it's a joy when a
new voice props up

-----Original Message-----
From: Flavio Arruda []
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 7:03 PM
Subject: Index problem

Hi everybody,

All documents of my application (indexed by Lucene) came from a Web Form
the application´s Administrator can change/remove/add (fields) regularly.

Researching Lucene´s FAQs I got that the only way to alter a indexed
document (adding index, deleting index, modify fields) is deleting the given
document and after this adding the modified version. Unfortunately this
very slower on my application, because I have thousands of documents of each

My questions are:
  - Are there any eficient way to do what I need using Lucene?
  - If not, where is the best place to modify Lucene code? Is someone
working on this?

 Thanks by advance and best wishes,

Flavio Regis de Arruda

Av. Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek, 1830/6º andar - T3
CEP: 04543-900, São Paulo, SP
Tel.: 55.11.3847 1173, Fax: 55.11.3847 4546

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message