lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nader S. Henein" <...@bayt.net>
Subject RE: too many open files in system
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:09:02 GMT
that might be the case I'm indexing 200 000 files each one has about 30 XML
fields each one
has a set of attributes .. could that be it ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Øie [mailto:karl@gan.no]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 7:03 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: too many open files in system

I have worked a little with the cocoon indexer and it indexes each
xml-attribute in a Field. I have done some indexing on both plaintext and
xml
sources and i think the "Too many open files" problem is directly related to
number of fields stored in a document in a index.

the reason for this is that i have never encountered "Too many open files"
when indexing clean text into one large field, but when creating many-many
fields as required by indexing xml i got a "Too many open files"  until i
had
to use a ram-dir to index document batches into..

mvh karl øie

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 16:42, you wrote:
> This sounds like a question for Cocoon people, as what you are asking
> about seems to be related to Cocoon's usage of Lucene, not the core
> Lucene API.
>
> Otis

For additional commands, e-mail: