lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Flavio Arruda" <flavio.arr...@promon.com.br>
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:02:33 GMT
Hi everybody,

All documents of my application (indexed by Lucene) came from a Web Form which
the application´s Administrator can change/remove/add (fields) regularly.

Researching Lucene´s FAQs I got that the only way to alter a indexed
document (adding index, deleting index, modify fields) is deleting the given
document and after this adding the modified version. Unfortunately this looks
very slower on my application, because I have thousands of documents of each
Form.

My questions are:
  - Are there any eficient way to do what I need using Lucene?
  - If not, where is the best place to modify Lucene code? Is someone working on this?

 Thanks by advance and best wishes,

                Flavio

Flavio Regis de Arruda
flavio.arruda@promon.com.br

PROMON*INTELLIGENS
Av. Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek, 1830/6º andar - T3
CEP: 04543-900, São Paulo, SP
Tel.: 55.11.3847 1173, Fax: 55.11.3847 4546
www.promoninteligens.com.br