lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aruna Raghavan <Aru...@opin.com>
Subject RE: 2 Questions
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:11:01 GMT

Hi,
#1 Yes. Look at the DateFilter implementation.
#2 Look at the source code for SimpleAnalyzer to see what are the stopwords.
I believe it removes more words when you index. I use StandardAnalyzer that
works better for me. If I remember right, searches for alphanumerics did not
work w/ Simple Analyzer. Also ,make sure to use the same kind of analyzer
for both indexing and searching. A wildcard does not work when used as the
first character in the word- for eg, *og for dog. Also, I believe wildcard
searches are case sensitive.
Aruna.