lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aruna Raghavan <Aru...@opin.com>
Subject RE: Case Sensitivity
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 19:38:05 GMT
Hi,
I am using StandardAnalyzer - the problem was with wildcard queries being
case sensitive. Even with Standard Analyzer, you have to worry about case
sensitivity in this case. Thanks for the tip on example Analyzer, I will
take a peek.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua O'Madadhain [mailto:jmadden@ics.uci.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:40 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: Case Sensitivity

Alan, Aruna:

The built-in solution is to use LowerCaseFilter in your Analyzer.  (The
SimpleAnalyzer, StopAnalyzer, and StandardAnalyzer classes already do
this; see the Lucene API docs to see which filters each uses.)  The FAQ
includes an example implementation of an Analyzer if you want to build
your own.

Joshua

    Joshua Madden: Information Scientist, Musician, Philosopher-At-Tall
 It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for--Bill Watterson