lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Spencer, Dave" <>
Subject (ZipDirectory) RE: storing index in third party database.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:10:38 GMT
Another interesting variation - possibly - is storing the index in a zip
(thus we'd have "ZipDirectory"). Then, say, the index would be in one
(thus, "easier to manage") and in some applet applications the whole
thing could
easily/efficiently be loaded.

Just did a test and a on-disk index of 8658 blocks (via "du -s" ) turned
a zip file of 4275 blocks, thus approx 50% compression is possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 10:08 PM
Subject: storing index in third party database.

Hi all

I want to index the datas which I already stored in a thirdparty
database table and develop a search facility using lucene. I am thinking
of storing this indexes back to the database in another table. I know
for this we have to create a 'directory' which do all the indexing

for example

Indexwriter indwriter = new Indexwriter("dirStore",null,create);

where dirStore is the directory, create is boolean.

but I don't know the format to be followed for the
directory(dirStore).Please help  me if anybody has done similar thing.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>