lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Spencer, Dave" <d...@lumos.com>
Subject (ZipDirectory) RE: storing index in third party database.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:10:38 GMT
Another interesting variation - possibly - is storing the index in a zip
file
(thus we'd have "ZipDirectory"). Then, say, the index would be in one
on-disk-file
(thus, "easier to manage") and in some applet applications the whole
thing could
easily/efficiently be loaded.

Just did a test and a on-disk index of 8658 blocks (via "du -s" ) turned
into
a zip file of 4275 blocks, thus approx 50% compression is possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: amithnz@netscape.net [mailto:amithnz@netscape.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 10:08 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: storing index in third party database.

Hi all

I want to index the datas which I already stored in a thirdparty
database table and develop a search facility using lucene. I am thinking
of storing this indexes back to the database in another table. I know
for this we have to create a 'directory' which do all the indexing
operations,

for example

Indexwriter indwriter = new Indexwriter("dirStore",null,create);

where dirStore is the directory, create is boolean.

but I don't know the format to be followed for the
directory(dirStore).Please help  me if anybody has done similar thing.
TIA
Amith

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/