lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nestel, Frank ISC 6" <>
Subject AW: Relevance Feedback
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 07:26:55 GMT
Just in case you need more encouragement :-)

I remember I asked for it month ago.
Somehow I missed the sources on the list.
But yes, I'm still looking forward to see

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Doug Cutting []
Gesendet am: Samstag, 30. März 2002 17:52
An: Lucene Users List
Betreff: RE: Relevance Feedback

Dmitry Serebrennikov [] has implemented a substantial
extension to Lucene which should help folks doing this sort of research.  It
provides an explicit vector representation for documents.  This way you can,
e.g., retrieve a number of documents, efficiently sum their vectors, then
derive a new query from the sum.  This code was posted to the list a long
while back, but is now out of date.  As soon as the 1.2 release is final,
and Dmitry has time, he intends to merge it into Lucene.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>