lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Lucene index integrity... or lack of :-(
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:54:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm starting to wander how "bullet proof" are Lucene indexes? Do they
get corrupted easely? If so is there a way to rebuild them?

I'm started to get the following exception left and right...

"04/25 18:34:39 (Warning) Indexer.indexObjectWithValues:
java.io.IOException: _91.fnm already exists"

I build a little app (http://homepage.mac.com/zoe_info/) that uses
Lucene quiet extensively, and I would like to keep it that way. However,
I'm starting to have second thought about Lucene's reliability... :-(

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere, but I really cannot see
what...

Any help or insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PA.