lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Kumar K <prade...@robosoftin.com>
Subject Re: Custom queries
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 19:53:21 GMT

Hi all

thanks Otis.

I want to make my question bit more clearer
As we know we can create a query by

Query qr=QueryParser.parse(strToFind,keyword,new StandardAnalyzer())

Is it possible to pass
   strToFind = "name!=pradeep and creationDate>dateVar" (or
as specified by Otis -name:pradeep ) and keyword as null

   Query qr=QueryParser.parse(strToFind,null,new StandardAnalyzer());

so that it should return a lucene query corresponding for strToFind I
specified.
The reason for my doubt is in my webObjects application I will be
creating a custom queryString according to the users selection  on the
web page and I want to pass the same query String to lucene.

TIA
Pradeep