lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From amit...@netscape.net
Subject storing index in third party database.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 06:07:48 GMT
Hi all

I want to index the datas which I already stored in a thirdparty database table and develop
a search facility using lucene. I am thinking of storing this indexes back to the database
in another table. I know for this we have to create a 'directory' which do all the indexing
operations,

for example

Indexwriter indwriter = new Indexwriter("dirStore",null,create);

where dirStore is the directory, create is boolean.

but I don't know the format to be followed for the directory(dirStore).Please help  me if
anybody has done similar thing.
TIA
Amith