lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject Re: Lucene index integrity... or lack of :-(
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:25:48 GMT
that is a great problem with lucene as it uses a FSDir to store it has no
sence of transaction handling, for critical indexes i serialize a RAMdir to a
database blob, so i can performe a rollback if needed, but this is a enourmos
overhead....

> Thanks. What's is your heuristic to flush the RAMDirectory?
please explain this because i don't understand english that good :-(

mvh karl øie