lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard query problem with "?"
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:42:34 GMT
Hm, I just went through all the diffs after RC2 (QueryParser.jj
revision 1.3) and I can't see where '?' was dropped.
However, one user reported this on February 27th:

We just tried adding the "?" character to QueryParser.jj under
<#_TERM_START_CHAR>. We noticed that the "*" was in that list, so we
figured
we'd just give it a try. It seems to have worked. Now when we search on
rou?d, we get hits on the word "round". We're going to try searching
for
some other variations to make sure that we've done the right thing.
We'd still be interested to know exactly why this worked (assuming it
continues to solve our problem). What is a TERM_START_CHAR and how is
it
used? Obviously it does something important. :-)

So I'll try your code and if wildcards really don't work I'll try this
person's suggestion and if it works I'll commit it.

Otis