lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to decide when the index needs to be optimized ?
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:35:28 GMT
My understanding it that you don't even have to optimize the index,
unless you want your searches to be faster.
I don't think Lucene has any internal limitation to the number of files
that comprise an unoptimized index, so you'll hit the wall with Java or
OS first, but even that limit is pretty high.
You could just optimize every X documents or at the end of indexing.

Otis