lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: storing index in third party database.
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 14:12:23 GMT
If you want to store indices in a database search the mailing list
archives for SqlDirectory.

Once I considered using it for one application at work, so I asked its
author about performance.  The answer was that it doesn't perform all
that well when the index grows, if I recall correctly.  Consequently,
we chose to use file-based indices instead.

Otis