lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From eeed wewefwf <xalanl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with Unicode !!!
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:59:24 GMT
Hi,

I am working on lucene to index unicode content. I am
facing the following problems .

1) I am creating a index where i am adding  two fields
in the index without specifying any encoding. one
field is title and the other is body

e.g :- doc.add(Field.Text("body",(Reader)isr));
where isr is my InputStream Reader.

Now i am able to search for the words but the title
when displayed in the browser shows junk. inspite of
the correct encoding in the browser (UTF-8).

2) I also tried specifying enconding in the
InputStreamReader . In this case the title comes
properly but i am not able to search non english
words.

I am trying this on a win2000 machine.

I would really appriciate some help

TIA,