lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ogaard" <>
Subject Re: Lucene Documentation
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:08:48 GMT
Hello Andy,

I have actually stepped through the getting started docs on apache (with success!).  I am
fairly new to Java and find it difficult configuring Lucene to securely search my company's
intranet (including .htm, .jsp, .pdf, .doc, ...).  I'm just taking a shot in the dark here
hoping for a magical link that will step me through this process!  I searched the Web high
and low without success.  I did find in the faq's you will need a "parser"  or "extractor"
for each document you want to index.  Is there a source of contributed "parsers" available
on the Web?

Thank you for your time and consideration...

>>> 03/05/02 09:46AM >>>

If this isn't good enough, please let me know what I can do to make it
better.  Documenting Lucene is something I have an big interest in.

>On Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:43:59 -0600 "Ryan Ogaard" <> wrote.
>Hello All,

>I am in the process of testing Lucene for our intranet, and having a

>difficult time finding good documentation.  Any recommendations on good Web

>sites with tips, how-tos, code examples, etc. for Lucene?

>Thank you for your time and consideration...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message