lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ype Kingma <ykin...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Question Deleting/Reindexing Files
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:34:42 GMT
Joe,

>Hi,
>
>I am using Lucene for indexing a relatively large article based system where articles
change from time to time so i have to reindex them. reindexing had the effekt that a query
would return the hit for a file multiple times (according to the number of updates.

>The only solution to that problem I found was to delete the file to be updated before
indexing it again. Is there another possibility ?

You can add a counter or a date to your documents, in the same field
as your document identifier or in another field. This allows more flexibility
in deleting old documents, but you'll have to design a condition
to remove old docs yourself.

Regards,
Ype