lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From P.Wi...@CS.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: Retrieve all documents from Index, How to?
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:45:03 GMT
Dear Otis Gospodnetic,
these parantheses seem (and are) rather unnecessary, but users of my program
can fill in textfields and boolean-radiobuttons and then the program will
make a query out of it. My program has a lot of fields (about twenty) and a
query will for that reason often get rather complicated. I thought about it
and made a query-maker-tool that would also take care of the right use of
parentheses. As a result there are sometimes parentheses that are not
useful, but are a side-effect of this tool. I thought this would not lead to
any problems, unfortunately I had not thought about my StopFilter.
But with a more common query, the problem will also occur:
(field : xxxx AND field : yyyyy) OR (field : stopword AND field : stopword)
In this case I get a nullpointer-exception.

I am afraid I deleted your mail by accident. Could you please mail me the
adress you gave me for reporting the bug a second time?
Thanks,
Puk Witte

PS If there is someone else who could help me, please react!