lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From P.Wi...@CS.unimaas.nl
Subject StopFilter-troubles
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:37:41 GMT
Dear Lucene-users,
has someone an answer to the following question:
If I add a StopFilter to my Analyzer, the stopwords I gave him will be left
out the query. So far, so good. But when my query is like this one: (field1
: xxxxx) AND (field2 : stopword) AND (field 1 : yyyyy)
the StopFilter will do its work, but the resulting query is a big mess :
(field1 : xxxxx) AND ( ) AND (field 1 : yyyyy), and because of that the
searching results ara no good. I hoped it would search for (field1 : xxxxx)
AND (field 1 : yyyyy).
I think the StopFilter does a poor job here. Is anyone familiar with this
problem and has an answer for me?
Puk Witte.