lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Grim Hegland Iversen" <>
Subject Adding multiple paths to a document
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 10:40:44 GMT
I am looking at using lucene to index a large set of documents.  In
order to be able to search a subset of documents, I've added a
"path"-field to each document (indexed, not stored, not tokenized).
Using a prefix-query seems to work fine.

My problem: Our documents can have several different paths pointing to
the same document, so I would like to add several paths to each
document, and be able to find the document using different

So my question: Is this accomplished simply by adding several fields to
the document by the same name ?

	  doc.add(new Field("path",
	  doc.add(new Field("path",

This seems to work, but I would like to know if it is the right way.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message