lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Elie FRANCIS" <e.fran...@ever-team.com>
Subject RE : Database integration best practices ...
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:52:51 GMT
Just a little idea, replace "AND" by "OR" in your Select statement
I used to store some fields in lucene index in order to show them in the
result page. Otherwise, I use :

Select * From atable Where id in (12, 23, 34, ...)

Elie

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Peter Sojan [mailto:ilikeunix@gmx.net]
Envoyé : mercredi 27 mars 2002 09:59
À : Lucene Users List
Objet : Re: Database integration best practices ...

I forgot one thing to ask:

search results should be anchored to a unique id which maps to a
serial in the database. If my search now results in multiple such
id's what is the best way to transform this into a row-fetching
SQL-statement? I think I would end up in something:

SELECT * FROM atable WHERE id = 12 AND id = 23 AND id = 34 AND ....

... and so on.

For this purpose it would be nice to limit lucene search results, so
that the SQL statement can be limited. Any better idea!?

Thx,
Peter