lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Dan...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Question on the FAQ list with filters
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:33:23 GMT
<paste>    I meant to add, here, that many applications that do searching
and filtering will display the hits only a chunk at a time (typical
web search interface).  This is another situation where it would make
a lot more sense to filter after the search, since you'd only have to
filter a relatively small portion of the hits for each page of results
the user asks for.
</paste>

How nice it is to have a list like this where there are thoughtful replies
given.  Thanks all!

I don't know why I didn't think of this case last night.  The various ways
make a lot more sense now.

Dan