lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan G. Freier" <nfre...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject Relevance Feedback
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:15:37 GMT
Hello,

I'm a graduate student in the Information School at the University of
Washington.  I'm currently in the process of developing a prototype
online IR system and I have been making use of Lucene's API.  I'm just
beginning to plan out some mechanisms for query expansion and relevance
feedback.  I haven't seen any mention of manual or automated query
expansion or user relevance feedback in the Lucene documentation or FAQs.

Does anyone have any experience with these processes in general and/or
specifically with Lucene?  If so, did you have to reimplement Lucene's
Scorer to incorporate the relevance measures?  Any pointers to
information on how practical this redesign would be?  Will I be able to
implement query expansion and/or relevance feedback without
reconstructing some of Lucene's underlying scoring code?

Any information pointers you can give would be great.

Thanks,
Nathan