lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "W. Eliot Kimber" <el...@isogen.com>
Subject Re: XML indexer
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:55:30 GMT
RAYMOND Romain wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am trying to do something like the demo given with lucene last
> distribution, but indexing XMl file.
>
> Is there any examples or documentation doing this with XML, or have I to
> code an " IndexXML " ?

ISOGEN has developed a generic XML indexer for Lucene:
http://www.isogen.com/papers/lucene_xml_indexing.html

The core code can be extended in any number of directions, for example,
to optimize it for particular document types, integrate it with document
repositories, etc.

My collegue Brandon Jockman, who did the hard work of integrating this
technique into one of our customer's systems will be presenting a paper
on his experience at the XML Europe conference in Barcelona, Spain in
May (http://www.idealliance.org/.

Cheers,

E.
--