lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Question Deleting/Reindexing Files
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:28:24 GMT
The standard answer is "try deleting/adding in batches instead of
individually".  Seems more efficient, too, if you can write your
application that way.
That is what you are essentially doing by writing to a separate index
and then doing a bunch of deletions, followed by re-additions.
I know I'm stating the obvious, but I wanted to get this out of the way
:)

Otis