lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Bugs
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:32:54 GMT
Hello,

--- David Smiley <david.smiley@verizon.net> wrote:
> I have reported bugs about Lucene in the fall of 2001 but no Lucene
> developer has responded.  I am sending this summary as a reminder.
>
> My original message to the mailing list is here:
>
> [Lucene-dev] More bugs
> http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/2626/2001/8/0/6409669/
>
> The bugs at SourceForge are here:
>
> DateFilter: call enum.next() first

DateFilter.java has changed since the report, but I think I found the
piece of code that you were referring to.
After looking at DateFilter, TermEnum, and FilteredTermEnum it seems to
me that next() does not need to be called first.  This is not
java.util.Enumeration enum, it is TermEnum's enum.
Also, if you look at methods next() and term() in FilteredTermEnum
you'll see that term() does need to be called first, otherwise the
first term would get skipped.
I'm not very familiar with this code, but this is what it seems like
from looking at it for 7:32 minutes.

Otis