lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joe Hajek <Joe.Ha...@blackbox.net>
Subject Question Deleting/Reindexing Files
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:27:44 GMT
Hi,

I am using Lucene for indexing a relatively large article based system where articles change
from time to time so i have to reindex them. reindexing had the effekt that a query would
return the hit for a file multiple times (according to the number of updates.

The only solution to that problem I found was to delete the file to be updated before indexing
it again. Is there another possibility ?

As the system is large i am collecting the articles that have to be updated together, open
a writer and add the documents to the index. this solution worked fine for me using rc1 in
rc4 it seems that it is not possible anymore to delete a file from an index while the index
is opened for writing.

do you know any solutions to that problem ?

thanx a lot in advance

regards joe