lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bergstrand <stefan.bergstr...@polopoly.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard Searching
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:57:59 GMT
Doug Cutting <DCutting@grandcentral.com> writes:

Just noticed this problem in my program.

It seems as if the analyzer passed to QueryParser.parse(), never is
passed to PrefixQuery (which is what my test case is parsed to).

A quick look in QueryParser.jj confirms this:

 q = new PrefixQuery(new Term(field, term.image.substring
                                      (0, term.image.length()-1)));

/Stefan Bergstrand

> > From: Howk, Michael [mailto:MHowk@FSC.Follett.com]
> >
> > Also, Lucene returns the parsed version of each of our
> > searches. When we
> > search by rou*d, Lucene parses it as rou*d (which is what we
> > would expect).
> > But when we search by rou?d, Lucene parses it as "rou d". It
> > seems to wrap
> > the term in quotes and replace the question mark with a
> > space. Any ideas? Or
> > can someone give us an idea of how to understand WildcardQuery or
> > WildcardTermEnum?
>
> It sounds like the problem is in the query parser.  Brian?
>
> Doug
>
> --

Stefan Bergstrand
Polopoly - Cultivating the information garden
Ph:   +46 8 506 782 67
Cell: +46 704 47 82 67
Fax:  +46 8 506 782 51
stefan.bergstrand@polopoly.com, http://www.polopoly.com