lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Barrett" <barrett_...@yahoo.com>
Subject IOException on indexing with latest release (20020211)
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:07:32 GMT
Hey all-

I grabbed the latest nightly build today (lucene-20020211.jar) and started
recreating indexes and ran into a "java.io.IOException: couldn't rename
segment.new to segments" error when recreating an index. The strange thing
is it doesn't kill the indexing; everything still keeps going...

I'm running in Windows 2000 Server. Not sure if this was a just a random
hicup as I couldn't duplicate it on another box but I thought I'd put it out
there to see if anyone else has ever had a similar problem or if it is a
possible bug...here is the stack trace.

java.io.IOException: couldn't rename segments.new to segments
	org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.renameFile(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.write(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter$2.doBody(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeMergeSegments(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(Unknown Source)