lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Calvo" <dca...@ig.com.br>
Subject RE: Lucene beginner
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:15:58 GMT
Hi,

You have to use the IndexHTML program to create an index and then you can use this index with
the demo. Something like
'java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML [-create] [-index <index>]<root_directory>'.
You need lucene and lucene-demo jars in your
classpath. If needed, you can use -cp to provide them (java -cp "lucene-demos-1.2-rc3.jar;lucene-1.2-rc3.jar"
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML ....)
What's exactly the problem you're having?

Regarding Ant, it is a Java based build tool (like make) You don't need to use it unless you
want to build lucene. If you're using
lucene's binary distribution you only have to have lucene's jar in your application classpath.

Regards,

--Daniel