lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Calvo" <dca...@ig.com.br>
Subject RE: problems with last patch (obtain write.lock while deleting documents)
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:33:26 GMT
Hi Doug,

Problem solved, thanks!

BTW, is the way I'm doing the deletion the correct one? I reckon I can't use a cached reader,
since I have to close it after the
deletion to release the write lock. Does it make sense? Regarding writers, is it ok to share
a single IndexWriter with multiple
writers, i.e., I have one writer adding a document and then I get another request for doc
upload. I can't open a new IndexWriter
because of the write lock, so I'm using the one already available. After all writers are done,
the IndexWriter is closed.

Again, thanks a lot (for the fix and, most important, for Lucene)

--Daniel