lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Calvo" <dca...@ig.com.br>
Subject problems with last patch (obtain write.lock while deleting documents)
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:18:28 GMT
Hi,

I've just updated my version (via CVS) and now I'm having problems with document deletion.
I'm trying to delete a document using
IndexReader's delete(Term) method and I'm getting an IOException:

java.io.IOException: Index locked for write: Lock@E:\temp\index\write.lock
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.delete(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsReader.doDelete(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.delete(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.delete(Unknown Source)
      (...)

I'm doing:
  IndexReader reader = IndexReader.open("index");
  reader.delete(new Term("fileid", id));
  reader.close();

I've taken a look at the sources but couldn't find anything wrong. Any ideas?

TIA

Regards,

--Daniel