lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aruna Raghavan <>
Subject RE: IOException
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:10:04 GMT
I have seen this error when there were format problems with my input file. I
use lucene to index XML, so typically I see this when I don't follow my DTD.
Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pradeep Kumar K []
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 4:52 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: IOException

Hello Lucene friends

     I am encountering  a serious problem while I am reading the indexes
I stored   in the database using

      IndexSearcher  tempSearcher = new IndexSearcher(new IndexStore());
      where "" is the java file I used to
      track my indexing and searching.
      Indexed files I am storing in Openbase database.

When I went deeply it is found that the function

     InputStream openFile(String name) is giving the exception

The error is
Could not perform search because:
class - read past EOF read past EOF

I am using Lucene2 cadidate3(latest downloaded). Any solutions for this
will be greatfully appreciated.

Robosoft Technologies, Mangalore, India

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: