lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Howay" <JHo...@nas.edu>
Subject rookie question
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:18:33 GMT
Greetings. I've managed to create a few indexes and get the demo web app
working...mostly. However, I get no results from queries. I know the IndexHTML
routine is picking up lots of stuff....

Several things are unclear:
1. when creating an index, after the -index switch, should you type in a
relative or absolute path? If you simply enter -index index, I can see that the
index is created in the directory from which the command was executed.
2. similarly, in configuration.jsp, should indexLocation contain an absolute or
relative path? I have used an absolute, as such
indexLocation="/usr/local/.../index"

I then update luceneweb.war and restart Tomcat... to no avail. No results...
thanks in advance.
jdh