lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Biswas, Goutam_Kumar" <Goutam-Kumar-Bis...@deshaw.com>
Subject RE: Queryparser croaking on "[" and "]"
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:00:20 GMT
Les

    Parse your query string to remove the charactors '[' , ']' etc. which
are deemed illegal by lucene query-semantics.

-Goutam

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Hughes [mailto:leslie.hughes@rubus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 4:44 PM
To: 'lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Queryparser croaking on "[" and "]"

Hi,

I'm currently building a small app that allows searching of Java sourcecode.
The problem I'm getting is when parsing a query string that contains an
array specifier (ie. String[] or int[][]) the query parser seem to croak
with a

Lexical error at line XX, column XX. Encountered:   after : "[]"

So what am I doing wrong / what should I write to fix this?

Les