lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Opler <chrisop...@free.fr>
Subject searching issue
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:30:49 GMT
Greetings All,

Wondering if anyone can help resolve the following issue...

I have a set of documents that I would like to retrieve a field ('OID') which is
a unique identifier.  Examples of this field are:

BOURGOGNE
VOLNAY
PINOT_NOIR
COTE_DE_BEAUNE
MICHEL_PONT_SES_ENFANTS
MICHEL_PONT_SES_ENFANTS_VOLNAY

when I search for VOLNAY, I want just VOLNAY and not VOLAY *and*
MICHEL_PONT_SES_ENFANTS_VOLNAY ...

My understanding is that when I insert the document into the index, I should
identify fields of this type as:

stored = true (because i want to be able to retrieve the value)
indexed = true
not tokenized (because I want to search on the whole field and not a part of the
field)

The issues:

creating it as above (true, true, false), doing a query like OID:(VOLNAY) doesn't
give me any results.  doing a query like OID:(VOLNAY*) gives me VOLNAY, which is
not satisfactory, since I am not guaranteed to identify the price doc
(MICHEL_PONT_SES_ENFANTS* will point me to two docs, for example).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Chris Opler