lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@blackwell.co.uk>
Subject Re: Web demo example: Errors from Tomcat startup
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 09:55:26 GMT
> note that I make the assumption you're using 4.0.x or know how to adapt it.
> I'd guess if you take that top line and replace it with the top line from
> one of the tomcat 3.2.x example web.xml files, you'll probably hit paydirt.
> Probably tomcat can't read the newer format.  (but the file is practically
> blank anyhow).

I think that is correct.  Tomcat 3.whatever understands

<!DOCTYPE web-app

without recourse to any external sites, and Tomcat 4.whatever understands

<!DOCTYPE web-app

but Tomcat 3 doesn't.  So just edit web.xml and replace 3 with 2, twice.

Perhaps that should be noted in the demo docs if it isn't already.

--
Ian.