lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Saima Shaikh <Saima.Sha...@paretopartners.com>
Subject RE: Lucene beginner
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:40:12 GMT

Thanks again,
Saima

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Calvo [mailto:dcalvo@ig.com.br]
Sent: 11 February 2002 20:16
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: Lucene beginner

Hi,

You have to use the IndexHTML program to create an index and then you can
use this index with the demo. Something like
'java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML [-create] [-index
<index>]<root_directory>'. You need lucene and lucene-demo jars in your
classpath. If needed, you can use -cp to provide them (java -cp
"lucene-demos-1.2-rc3.jar;lucene-1.2-rc3.jar"
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML ....)
What's exactly the problem you're having?

Regarding Ant, it is a Java based build tool (like make) You don't need to
use it unless you want to build lucene. If you're using
lucene's binary distribution you only have to have lucene's jar in your
application classpath.

Regards,

--Daniel