lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Libby <ali...@commnav.com>
Subject Re: search similar docs?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 02:27:02 GMT
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:24:45PM -0300, Daniel Calvo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking of implementing a search for similar documents (like some commercial search
engines do) and wondering if anyone has
> already done something like that with Lucene. I thought of collecting all terms of the
selected document (or maybe some subset of
> them) and then creating a MultiTermQuery containing those terms. Does it make sense?
Is there a better way to achieve this?

I'd think it would be hard to gather a list of meaningful terms
from the current hit that are meaningful to the user.  It would seem
that an alias expansion on the origional searh experssion, or
possibly even a collection of terms (of the most common terms
in the document we're looking for documents like) after
going through a stop word analyzer or something.

I've not implmented anything like this.  Just a few thoughts.

Andy